I have developed a reputation as a bridge person – a bridge between faiths, cultures and economic classes. Ability to think “outside the box,” combined with fairness and insight are often required.
These situations include:
- devising strategy to save Russian defector from imminent deportation
- bridging conflicts within Chinese communities, both generational and cultural
- working toward cooperation between government and First Nations. These include award-winning artists and filmmakers.
- Chaplain of Pacific Unit 280 , Chinese Canadian WWII veterans and the Chinese Canadian Military Museum
- Chair, Community Historical Recognition Program, advising Cabinet Minister Jason Kenney on the granting of $5,000,000 to Chinese Canadian projects